Resources & Information for UCF College of Nursing Students
You worked hard to get here. You’re driven to make a difference, to touch lives and lead by example. You’re ready to become a Knight nurse.
Our faculty and team are here to help you succeed – in the classroom and in practice. Whether you’re about to walk into the college or walk across the stage in a cap and gown, we’ve compiled a list of resources to help you.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, or have additional questions, please contact us.
|Lower-Division: Pre-Nursing or Transfer Students||UCFnurse@ucf.edu|
|Upper-Division: Traditional BSN, Orlando campus||Dr. Kelly Allred|
|Upper-Division: Traditional BSN, Cocoa campus||Dr. Frances Iacobellis|
|Upper-Division: Traditional BSN, Daytona campus||Dr. Leslee D’Amato-Kubiet|
|Upper-Division: Second Degree BSN||Dr. Kelly Allred|
|Upper-Division: Seminole State/UCF Concurrent ASN to BSN||Ms. Chris Deatrick|
|Upper-Division: Valencia/UCF Concurrent ASN to BSN||Dr. Dawn Turnage|
|Online Upper-Division: RN to BSN and Florida College System Concurrent ASN to BSN||Dr. Stephen Heglund|
|Staff Contact – for questions related to plan of study, course registration or petitions||GradNurseAdvisor@ucf.edu|
|Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (DNP, Certificate)||Dr. Christopher Blackwell|
|Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (DNP)||Dr. Melanie Keiffer|
|Family Nurse Practitioner (DNP)||Dr. Melanie Keiffer|
|Advanced Practice Nursing (DNP)||Dr. Melanie Keiffer|
|Nurse Educator (MSN, Certificate)||Dr. Susan Quelly|
|Healthcare Simulation (MSN, Certificate)||Dr. Mindi Anderson|
|Leadership and Management (MSN)||Dr. Nora Warshawsky|
|Nurse Executive (DNP)||Dr. Diane Andrews|
|Research Nurse Scientist (PhD in Nursing)||Dr. Steven Talbert (admitted)
Dr. Joellen Edwards (applicants)
Tips for using the UCF Bookstore website
- Select TERM from the dropdown menu
- Place cursor in DEPARTMENT cell, then select from the dropdown menu (do not type):
- NUR = undergraduate nursing program
- NGR = graduate nursing program
- Place cursor in COURSE cell, then select from the dropdown menu (do not type)
- Place cursor in SECTION cell, then select from the dropdown menu (do not type)
- Fill-in for each course individually
- Click ADD MORE COURSES, if needed
- Click FIND MATERIALS button to submit request
Please note: you are not required to purchase books or course materials from the UCF Bookstore.
Nursing Career Fair
The College of Nursing hosts an annual Nursing Career Fair in the spring for undergraduate seniors seeking Graduate Nurse (GN) positions. However, all nursing students and licensed registered nurses seeking employment are welcome.
UCF Career Services
Career Services provides links to a variety of resources that will help you explore careers, research employers, prepare for the job search, apply for jobs, explore international opportunities, and research graduate and professional schools.
Services offered include career assessment, resume and cover letter critiques, job search strategy, networking advice, practice interviews, and career coaching.
Via Handshake, you can search part- and full-time jobs, post your resume for full-time employment, obtain employer information, and access on-campus interviewing and recruiting events.
Interested in recruiting a UCF Knight Nurse? Contact Shirley Haberjan to promote your job postings on Handshake or at an on-campus event.
External Job Boards
- 3RNet.org from the Florida Department of Health links nurses and healthcare providers with jobs in rural areas in Florida and across the nation.
- LiquidCompass is updated daily with nursing jobs.
- AfterCollege for nursing job postings.
- College of Nursing website for faculty and preceptor opportunities
- Academic Calendar
- Curriculum & Sample Plans of Study
- Formal Complaint Policy & Procedure
- Knights Academic Resource Services
- Share Comments & Feedback
- Academic Services General Education Transfer Course Request
- Change of Major Request
- College of Nursing Undergraduate Petition
- Course Registration Information
- Excess Credit Hour Surcharge Policy
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
- Financial Aid Second Degree Academic Plan
- Late Add/Drop/Withdrawal/Grade Forgiveness Instructions
- myKnight Audit Instructions
- Registration Waitlist Instructions
- Summer Hour Waiver Request
- Transient Request Instructions
- APG Petition (for petitioning dismissal from program)
- Clinical Requirements Checklist
- Confidentiality Agreement
- DNP Clinical Hours Verification
- Doctoral Student Candidacy Examination
- Graduate Student Petition (for petitioning a change from PT to FT, catalog year/tracks, or transfer credit)
- Health Form
- Non-degree Student Registration Request
- PhD Dissertation Proposal Defense Notification (step 1)
- PhD Dissertation Proposal Defense Confirmation (step 2)
- PhD Dissertation Committee Appointment
- PhD Candidacy Exam Process (2017 and earlier)
- PhD Candidacy Exam Process (2018 and beyond)
- PhD Special Request Form
- BSN Undergraduate Handbook
- BSN Undergraduate Clinical Handbook
- Seminole State/UCF Concurrent ASN to BSN Handbook
- Valencia/UCF Concurrent ASN to BSN Handbook
Pre-licensure BSN Programs
Nurse Practitioner BSN to DNP and NP Graduate Certificate Programs
The post-bachelor’s DNP nurse practitioner and post-master’s graduate certificate nurse practitioner programs are accredited nationally by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education and meet the educational eligibility criteria for national certification, which is a requirement for obtaining the license to practice in the state of Florida as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP), Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
Graduates of these programs are eligible to sit for their respective national board certification examinations. More information about the specific exams can be found on the program pages under FAQs:
UCF is an approved institution of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). Membership in NC-SARA requires the university to disclose information regarding state licensing and certification requirements for the selected program of study when licensing and/or certification are a requirement to practice in the profession after graduation.
We are unable to confirm the licensure requirements of other states, territories, or foreign entities. If you intend to pursue such credentialing in your state or elsewhere, we advise you to contact the applicable credentialing authority to familiarize yourself with its specific requirements for licensure and determine if our program meets its eligibility criteria.
Update your contact information, including email and mailing address, so you can stay in contact with the College of Nursing. Keep up-to-date with continuing education opportunities, alumni social events, graduate school application deadlines, and more!
Share your job news and other achievements, and you may be featured in an alumni e-newsletter, UCF Nursing or Pegasus magazines, or on our website or social media channels. We love to hear from you!
Connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and IRL at Alumni events and professional development opportunities such as the Orlando Health Nursing Lecture, the Leadership in Practice Lecture Series, the biennial NLN/UCF Healthcare Simulation Conference and various continuing education dinners held across the state.
Meet with a UCF Alumni career counselor, who can assist with everything from job searches to resume and cover letter writing to interview preparation, portfolio building, salary negotiation and more.
Create a LinkedIn profile and link your degree to the University of Central Florida – College of Nursing.
Find your dream job by joining Handshake, where you can search part- and full-time jobs, post your resume for full-time employment, obtain employer information, and access on-campus or nearby interviewing and recruiting events, or following other recommended job boards (see Careers & Job Search above).
Help educate the next generation of nurses by precepting our undergraduate and nurse practitioner students, while earning tuition waivers for yourself to use toward graduate school. Contact our clinical coordinators to learn more.
Proudly sponsored by Orlando Health, Florida Hospital and the Student Nurses’ Association Chapters at UCF, the Nursing Recognition Ceremony is held at the end of each spring and summer semester – separate from UCF’s Commencement.
Fall graduates are invited to come back and participate in the spring ceremony. Contact email@example.com in advance to be added to our email communication list for this ceremony.
Recognition Ceremony and Commencement Checklist:
- Submit your Intent to Graduate with the UCF Registrar’s Office before the published deadline.
- Student RSVP: You will receive an invitation with detailed instructions to your Knights email account. Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your approved contacts list. Check your spam folder, if not received. The RSVP link will also be added below once available.
- Create your Grad Images account.
- Order your cap and gown and your nursing pin online through Herff Jones (note: the cap is only worn at commencement. Contact Barnes & Noble at UCF with any questions.).
- Make your Class Gift to receive your green graduation cord.
Spring 2020: Save the Date
Wednesday, April 29 from 5-7 p.m.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.