Resources & Information for UCF College of Nursing Students
You worked hard to get here. You’re driven to make a difference, to touch lives and lead by example. You’re ready to become a Knight nurse.
Our faculty and team are here to help you succeed – in the classroom and in practice. Whether you’re about to walk into the college or walk across the stage in a cap and gown, we’ve compiled a list of resources to help you.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, or have additional questions, please contact us.
|Lower-Division: Pre-Nursing or Transfer Students||UCFnurse@ucf.edu|
|Upper-Division: Traditional BSN, Orlando campus||Dr. Melissa Radecki|
|Upper-Division: Traditional BSN, Cocoa campus||Dr. Frances Iacobellis|
|Upper-Division: Traditional BSN, Daytona campus||Dr. Leslee D’Amato-Kubiet|
|Upper-Division: Second Degree BSN||Dr. Melissa Radecki|
|Upper-Division: Seminole State/UCF Concurrent ASN to BSN||Dr. Chris Deatrick|
|Upper-Division: Valencia/UCF Concurrent ASN to BSN||Dr. Dawn Turnage|
|Online Upper-Division: RN to BSN and Florida College System Concurrent ASN to BSN||Dr. Dawn Turnage|
|Staff Contact – for questions related to plan of study, course registration or petitions||GradNurseAdvisor@ucf.edu|
|Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (DNP, Certificate)||Dr. Christopher Blackwell|
|Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (DNP)||Dr. Valerie Martinez|
|Family Nurse Practitioner (DNP)||Dr. Valerie Martinez|
|Advanced Practice Nursing (DNP)||Dr. Jackie LaManna|
|Nurse Educator (MSN, Certificate)||Dr. Susan Quelly|
|Healthcare Simulation (MSN, Certificate)||Dr. Mindi Anderson|
|Leadership and Management (MSN)||Dr. Sandra Galura|
|Nurse Executive (DNP)||Dr. Veronica Decker|
|Research Nurse Scientist (PhD in Nursing)||Dr. Steven Talbert|
Students can look up their course materials on the UCF Bookstore website. Students should first print their class schedule from webcourses@UCF.
Tips for using the UCF Bookstore website
- Select TERM from the dropdown menu
- Place cursor in DEPARTMENT cell, then select from the dropdown menu (do not type):
- NUR = undergraduate nursing program
- NGR = graduate nursing program
- Place cursor in COURSE cell, then select from the dropdown menu (do not type)
- Place cursor in SECTION cell, then select from the dropdown menu (do not type)
- Fill-in for each course individually
- Click ADD MORE COURSES, if needed
- Click FIND MATERIALS button to submit request
Please note: you are not required to purchase books or course materials from the UCF Bookstore.
Nursing Career Fair
The College of Nursing hosts an annual Nursing Career Fair in the spring for undergraduate seniors seeking Graduate Nurse (GN) positions. However, all nursing students and licensed registered nurses seeking employment are welcome.
UCF Career Services
Career Services provides links to a variety of resources that will help you explore careers, research employers, prepare for the job search, apply for jobs, explore international opportunities, and research graduate and professional schools.
Services offered include career assessment, resume and cover letter critiques, job search strategy, networking advice, practice interviews, and career coaching.
Via Handshake, you can search part- and full-time jobs, post your resume for full-time employment, obtain employer information, and access on-campus interviewing and recruiting events.
Interested in recruiting a UCF Knight Nurse? Contact Shirley Haberjan to promote your job postings on Handshake or at an on-campus event.
External Job Boards
- 3RNet.org from the Florida Department of Health links nurses and healthcare providers with jobs in rural areas in Florida and across the nation.
- LiquidCompass is updated daily with nursing jobs.
- AfterCollege for nursing job postings.
- College of Nursing website for faculty and preceptor opportunities
- College of Nursing LinkedIn Alumni Group for job postings received from alumni and healthcare partners
- Academic Calendar
- Curriculum & Sample Plans of Study
- Formal Complaint Policy & Procedure
- Knights Academic Resource Services
- Share Comments & Feedback
- Academic Services General Education Transfer Course Request
- Change of Major Request
- College of Nursing Undergraduate Petition
- Course Registration Information
- Excess Credit Hour Surcharge Policy
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
- Financial Aid Second Degree Academic Plan
- Late Add/Drop/Withdrawal/Grade Forgiveness Instructions
- myKnight Audit Instructions
- Registration Waitlist Instructions
- Summer Hour Waiver Request
- Transient Request Instructions
- APG Petition (for petitioning dismissal from program)
- Clinical Requirements Checklist
- Confidentiality Agreement
- DNP Clinical Hours Verification
- Graduate Student Plan of Study Change Request
- Graduate Student Petition
- Health Form
- Non-degree Student Registration Request
- PhD Dissertation Committee Appointment
- PhD Candidacy Exam Process
- PhD Student Candidacy Examination Notification
- PhD Dissertation Proposal Defense Notification (step 1)
- PhD Dissertation Proposal Defense Confirmation (step 2)
- PhD Special Request Form
- BSN Undergraduate Handbook
- BSN Undergraduate Clinical Handbook
- Seminole State/UCF Concurrent ASN to BSN Handbook
- Valencia/UCF Concurrent ASN to BSN Handbook
Pre-licensure BSN Programs
Nurse Practitioner BSN to DNP and NP Graduate Certificate Programs
The post-bachelor’s DNP nurse practitioner and post-master’s graduate certificate nurse practitioner programs are accredited nationally by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education and meet the educational eligibility criteria for national certification, which is a requirement for obtaining the license to practice in the state of Florida as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP), Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
Graduates of these programs are eligible to sit for their respective national board certification examinations. More information about the specific exams can be found on the program pages under FAQs:
UCF is an approved institution of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). Membership in NC-SARA requires the university to disclose information regarding state licensing and certification requirements for the selected program of study when licensing and/or certification are a requirement to practice in the profession after graduation.
We are unable to confirm the licensure requirements of other states, territories, or foreign entities. If you intend to pursue such credentialing in your state or elsewhere, we advise you to contact the applicable credentialing authority to familiarize yourself with its specific requirements for licensure and determine if our program meets its eligibility criteria.
Proudly sponsored by Orlando Health and AdventHealth, the UCF College of Nursing Recognition Ceremony is held at the end of each semester – separate from UCF Commencement. All graduating students will receive communication to their Knights email with ceremony date and information. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Recognition Ceremony and Commencement Checklist:
- Submit your Intent to Graduate with the UCF Registrar’s Office before the published deadline.
- Student RSVP: You will receive an invitation with detailed instructions to your Knights email account. Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your approved contacts list. Check your spam folder, if not received. The RSVP link will also be added to our events calendar once available.
- Create your Grad Images account.
- Order your cap and gown and your nursing pin online through Herff Jones (note: the cap is only worn at commencement. Contact Barnes & Noble at UCF with any questions.).
- Make your Class Gift to receive your green graduation cord.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.