Nursing @ Nike Housing
A unique opportunity exclusively for UCF Nursing-Pending undergraduate students, Nursing @ Nike provides an opportunity to live and learn together in an on-campus housing community for your first year in college.
Academic & Social Benefits
- Small, 36-bed on-campus community
- Social activities, including a kick-off retreat at the College of Nursing and monthly activities
- Ease the transition between high school and college life by gaining the tools for success
- Be a part of an academic cohort, completing nursing prerequisite courses and general education requirements together
- Gain even more support by joining the Association of Pre-Nursing Students
- Nursing @ Nike residents are required to enroll in an exploratory nursing course, NSP 1800 Nursing as a Profession. This course, taught by a College of Nursing faculty member, will be taken by all residents in the fall semester.
- Nursing as a Profession is designed to introduce first-time college students to the role of a Registered Nurse, as well as career options and specializations in nursing.
- Course curriculum will encourage students to establish supportive relationships with nursing peers and college faculty, to become part of the academic community at UCF, and to connect with the Association of Pre-Nursing Students.
- You must be offered admission to UCF and apply for housing online via myUCF
- Once you have applied for housing on the Orlando main campus for fall/spring via myUCF, you will be able to submit a Living Learning Community application for Nursing @ Nike via the myUCF housing application system
- Within myUCF, navigate to Student Self Service > Housing > Living Learning to submit your application
- Students who have a valid fall/spring Orlando main campus housing agreement, and apply for Nursing @ Nike through the Living Learning application, will be placed in Building 102 in the Nike Community, if selected to be part of this Living Learning Community