Dr. Jessica Simmons is the assistant dean of students in the UCF College of Nursing, where she oversees all aspects of student affairs. This includes recruitment, admissions, advising, enrollment and student organizations.
She has worked at UCF for more than 14 years in admissions and advising capacities. Most recently, she served as assistant director for undergraduate student services at the college. She is a two-time UCF alumna, having earned a Master of Arts and Doctor of Education degrees in Educational Leadership.
She has been an active member of NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising since 2007, presenting at state, regional and national conferences.
Additionally, she has received several honors from the organization for exemplifying the NACADA core values of professional practice and setting the highest standards for advising practice. Among the awards is the international Outstanding Advising Award in the Academic Advising—Primary Role category in 2018 and most recently in 2020, the Excellence in Advising Award for Region IV in the Advising Administrator category.
- EdD in Educational Leadership, UCF
- MA in Educational Leadership, UCF
- BA in Mass Communication, Wright State University
Selected Awards & Honors
- NACADA Region IV Outstanding Advising Administrator Award, 2020
- NACADA Outstanding Advisor Award, 2018
- UCF University Excellence in Professional Academic Advising Award Winner, 2017
- UCF Leadership Enhancement Program, 2012-13
- NACADA Outstanding New Advisor Award Winner, 2010
Selected Professional Activities
- NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising
- Florida Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers