A board-certified Advanced Holistic Nurse, Elizabeth (Lisa) Kinchen’s primary research interest is in the preservation of holistic nursing values in advanced practice nursing, and models of care that illustrate the the vital and unique contribution that advanced practice nurses make to care. Dr. Kinchen is an author and frequent presenter at local, national and international conferences in the area of holistic nursing values in generalist and advanced practice nursing care. Other avenues of holistic nursing research include the exploration of processes of shared decision-making, and holistic therapies for stress relief in practicing and student nurses.
Holistic care; Preservation of core holistic nursing values in nurse practitioner care.
Awards & Honors
- Scholar, Global Academy of Holistic Nursing
- American Holistic Nurses Association
- Florida Organization of Nurse Executives
- International Association for Human Caring
- National Academies of Practice
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society for Nursing
- Southern Nursing Research Society
- PhD, Florida Atlantic University
- MSN, Advanced Holistic Nursing, Florida Atlantic University
- BSN, University of Saint Francis