Earn a BSN with the Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program (MECP)
UCF College of Nursing is proud to support our nation’s military members as they pursue their Bachelor in Nursing (BSN) degree through the Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program (MECP).
- Eligible to active duty military students
- A limited number of students may receive provisional acceptance up to one year in advance (see note below regarding 2020 admissions)
- Two BSN program options:
Next Steps to MECP Admission
Prospective MECP students are encouraged to attend a UCF Nursing Information and Advising session. RSVPs are required for all campus locations. Register now.
Prospective students who are not local to UCF may view the BSN Information Session Slides online.
If you have additional questions, please schedule an individual appointment with a nursing staff advisor or call 407-823-2744.
Complete seven of the eight nursing prerequisites before the MECP conditional letter is needed. The one remaining prerequisite must be completed before the program start date.
Applicants must earn a “C” (2.0) or better in all prerequisite courses. If you do not meet this minimum grade requirement, you will need to retake the respective course until you meet the grade requirement.
Below are the minimum requirements to receive conditional admission to UCF to pursue a BSN with the MECP.
3.5 overall cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale as calculated by UCF.
- Complete 7 of the 8 nursing prerequisites (see above) by the application deadline.
- The one remaining prerequisite must be completed before the program start date.
- All nursing prerequisites must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.0) or better (if you do not meet this minimum grade requirement, you will need to re-take the respective course until you meet the grade requirement).
- Register for and take the standardized Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®).
- Must pass with a composite score of 78% or above before the MECP conditional acceptance letter is granted.
- Must complete all 4 parts of the TEAS exam.
- Re-test policy: Applicants may take the TEAS exam 3 times in a calendar year with a minimum of 30 days in between each attempt
- Visit ATI Testing for additional testing locations and test preparation materials.
- UCF Test Prep offers a 27-hour comprehensive TEAS Review Program.
*Free TEAS exam is available for any active military personnel or their spouses. This can be set up in the U.S. or overseas, but must be taken on a military base. You’ll receive up to three free transcripts of your scores at no charge. To set up your free TEAS exam, please email:
Background Check and Fingerprints:
- All students admitted to a UCF BSN program will need to complete a background check and fingerprints within seven days of receiving the conditional admission email.
- Applicants located outside of the State of Florida are encouraged to do the fingerprints and background checks during the application window to avoid delays.
- Meet the three UCF requirements: General Education Program, Golden Rule, and Foreign Language Admission
- OR complete the AA degree from a Florida public institution (*initial enrollment fall 2014 or later to meet the foreign language admission requirement)
- OR complete a bachelor’s degree from any regionally accredited institution
*We recommend that you apply to UCF at least 3 months in advance of the College of Nursing application deadline. You must be admitted to UCF before you can apply to the College of Nursing’s limited access, upper-division BSN program.
Second Degree BSN
You must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a non-nursing discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
|Apply to Second
|Apply to Helene Fuld Scholarship (optional)|
|By Oct. 15*||Jan. 1-15||By Jan. 15||
Jan. 1 – Feb. 1
You will apply to the upper-division Traditional BSN program just prior to your junior year in college.
|Fall Admission||By Nov. 15*||Feb. 1-15||By Feb. 15|
Step 1: Apply to UCF
New UCF students must apply to Undergraduate Admissions at least three months before the BSN application deadline. When applying, ensure application terms matches program start term. Send all official transcripts and CLEP/AP/IB score reports to UCF Undergraduate Admissions.
Step 2: Check all Transfer Courses
Once accepted to UCF, you may check your myKnight degree audit in your myUCF account to see how your courses have transferred. Newly admitted students for summer or fall should have access to the audit by February of that same year.
For students transferring credit from a private institution or any institution outside of the state of Florida, please follow the steps to Petition and Check for Transfer Courses.
Step 3: Complete MECP Paper Application
Complete the paper application at least one month prior to needing a provisional acceptance letter.
Step 4: Complete Enlisted Commissioning Program Form 48
Complete Form 48 and submit to College of Nursing upon receiving provisional acceptance letter
Step 5: Apply to the College of Nursing
After you are accepted to UCF, you will receive a UCF student ID number. The student ID number is required to complete the online application to the College of Nursing. Complete the BSN application by the published deadline.
If applying to the Traditional BSN program, you will need to choose your campus – Orlando, Cocoa or Daytona Beach. Please note that since this is a limited access program, applicants may choose multiple campus locations to expand their options for acceptance.