Angeline Bushy, PhD, RN, FAAN, is the Bert Fish Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair in Community Health Nursing and a professor at the UCF College of Nursing. With a career that spans more than four decades, Dr. Bushy is a nationally and internationally recognized authority on rural healthcare.
An active researcher who has lived and worked with Native Americans on Reservations, her research focuses on issues related to community/public health nursing in rural communities. She has published works on the health issues of women in rural areas, cyber education, homelessness, home care, rural healthcare ethics, and the social determinants and health disparities among residents in less populated and remote geographical communities.
In addition to her faculty appointments, she serves on the national Veterans Rural Health Advisory Committee that advises U.S. Veterans Affairs Secretary, The Honorable Robert Wilkie, and on the Board of Directors for the Florida Center for Nursing – a governor-appointed position she assumed in 2018.
She is a 2014 recipient of the prestigious Anna Mae Ericksen Award, an international honor given for exemplary scholarship commitment, dedication, leadership and advocacy in rural nursing. Additional achievements include being invited to represent rural perspectives in The U.S. Surgeon General’s Invitational Workshops on Women’s Mental Health and Action Agenda for the Health of Women and Girls Beyond 2010; serving as a member on expert panels to set a national agenda in health, research, and advocacy for rural women’s issues; and serving for more than 20 years with the U.S. Army Reserve Nurse Corps (LTC Ret.).
- PhD in Nursing, University of Texas
- MN in Community Health (Rural) Nursing, Montana State University
- MEd in Adult Education, Northern Montana College
- BSN, University of Mary
Selected Editorial Activities
- Editorial Board, Journal of Family and Community Health
- Editorial Board, Journal of Nursing Quality Care
- Editorial Board, Journal for Rural Health
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Rural Nursing
Selected Awards & Honors
- Anna Mae Ericksen Award, Rural Nurse Organization, 2014
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing, 2001
Selected Professional Activities
- Board of Directors, International Rural Nursing Organization
- American Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Rural Health Association