One of the world’s first 28 certified advanced health care simulation educators worldwide, Dr. Gonzalez research focuses on the use of simulation and innovative technologies to prepare future nurses and ensure improved patient outcomes. This includes the examination of the 1) use of aseptic technique, and the prevention of skill decay 2) use of high-fidelity simulation to close the graduate nurse to professional nurse gap.
- PhD, University of Central Florida
- MSN, University of South Florida
- BSN, Hunter College School of Nursing
- International Nursing Association Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL), Board Member, VP of Programs (2009-present)
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare, Member (2010-present)
- Sigma, the international honor society for global nursing excellence, Member (1989-present)