Instructor Carol A. Burgunder’s first role in nursing education was as a laboratory coordinator, a position that piqued her interest in the use of simulation modalities. Now a Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator, she has been responsible for creating two simulation suites at UCF Cocoa. Prior to her academic appointment at UCF, Burgunder was a staff nurse in the cardiovascular ICU, where she was named CVICU nurse of the year by Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne, Fla. She is very active in her church and volunteers for Brevard County’s St. Francis Reflections Lifestage Care.
- MSN, The Pennsylvania State University
- BSN, The Pennsylvania State University
- Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Simulation, University of Central Florida
Selected Professional Activities
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- International Nursing Association of Clinical and Simulation Learning
- National League of Nursing
- Sigma Honor Society of Nursing: Theta Epsilon Chapter
Expertise & Research
- Acute Care
- Chronic Diseases
- Critical Care
- Nursing Education
- Simulation, Technology & Modeling
No recent media. Please check back soon.