Recognition Ceremony & Commencement
Proudly Sponsored by Florida Hospital and the Student Nurses Association Chapter at UCF
This ceremony is held at the end of each semester, separate from UCF’s Commencement.
Thursday, December 15 (Fall 2016 graduates)
Wednesday, May 3 (Spring 2017 graduates)
Friday, August 4 (Summer 2017 graduates)
5 - 6:30 p.m. (Fall)
5 - 7 p.m. (Spring and Summer)
Fall: UCF Fairwinds Alumni Center, located across from the CFE Arena
Spring/Summer: The Venue, located behind the CFE Arena (Map)
There will be reserved seating for graduating students and College of Nursing faculty. All other seating is first-come, first-served. Doors open for guest seating at 4 p.m. No tickets are needed.
Directions and Parking Information:
- Free parking is available in Parking Garage D (across from arena) and Parking Garage F (behind The Venue across from the Jay Bergman Field)
- Handicapped parking is available along Knights Plaza and on the first floor of Parking Garages D and F. There is a drop-off area in front of The Venue for handicapped guests but cars may not park here.
- Click here for directions
Food and Drink:
- The Venue does not allow patrons to bring external food or drink inside the building
- Concessions can be purchased upstairs (cash only)
Regalia, Medallions & Nursing Pins:
- All degree-earning students (BSN, MSN, DNP, PhD) must wear graduation regalia to the ceremony (no cap); those who are not wearing regalia will not be permitted to walk in the processional or up on stage! (Contact Barnes & Noble next to UCF Arena at 407-882-0364 for pre-order dates. Rent regalia online at http://www.herffjones.com/college/ucf.)
- The only exception to this rule is for candidates who are certificate-earning only–they may wear professional business attire.
- All candidates should wear their honor cords representing scholastic achievements (Sigma Theta Tau, Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi, University Honors, etc.).
- BSN candidates will be given a medallion. If you purchased a UCF nursing pin (optional), affix it to the center of the ribbon above the medallion. Keep the medallion with you and hand it to the faculty member on stage. It will be draped around your neck after your name is called. (Contact Barnes & Noble next to UCF Arena at 407-882-0364 for pre-order dates for pins. Rent regalia online at http://www.herffjones.com/college/ucf.)
- MSN candidates should drape their hood over their arm and carry it up on stage. You will hand your hood to your faculty advisor and it will be draped around your neck.
- Certificate candidates will be invited on stage and recognized with a certificate.
- PhD and DNP candidates will be invited on stage and symbolically “hooded” by their advisor and the associate dean for graduate affairs.