Military Program (MECP)
Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program
- Eligible to active duty military students
- May receive provisional acceptance up to one year in advance
- Four-semester, full-time Second Degree BSN program
- Starts Summer term on UCF Orlando campus
- Five-semester, full-time Traditional BSN program
- Starts Fall term on UCF Orlando campus
- Starts Spring term on Regional campuses (Cocoa / Daytona)
MECP Policies and Procedures
Obtaining the RN License to Practice—NCLEX-RN®
Graduates of UCF’s Traditional BSN and Second Degree BSN programs are eligible to sit for the national licensure exam for registered nurses, called the NCLEX-RN.
When comparing equivalent baccalaureate programs in Florida, UCF College of Nursing has some of the highest pass rates in the state—and routinely exceeds the state and national averages of all first-time NCLEX-RN candidates.
- Compare BSN Programs (View NCLEX Pass Rates)
- NCLEX FAQ’s
- Florida Board of Nursing NCLEX Requirements
- UCF College of Nursing Presentation
Please note: students who are enrolled in a Dual Enrollment Concurrent ASN-BSN program will take the NCLEX-RN after successfully completing the ASN portion of their program (and prior to enrolling in their final BSN courses at UCF).