For students transferring credit from a private institution or any institution outside of the state of Florida, please review the following:
If any of the nursing prerequisites were taken outside of Florida or at a private institution, you must complete an Undergraduate Petition through the College of Nursing.
- Must include course descriptions of the exact course from the exact school and catalog year
- Committee meets once a month
- Petition must be approved prior to the BSN application deadline
General Education Requirements
If any General Education Program (GEP) or foreign language courses were taken outside of Florida or at a private institution, you must complete a Transfer Credit Request through UCF Academic Services.
- GEP courses must be completed prior to starting any of our Traditional, Second Degree, or Concurrent BSN programs and RN to MSN program
- Cannot be missing more than nine credit hours of GEP courses prior to starting the RN-BSN/AS-BSN programs
- Completing a GEP at another school does not guarantee completion at UCF unless it was part of an AA degree at a public institution in Florida or completed at a state university in Florida